15-minute kick-off meeting / Staffing Brief by Author
shared document / spreadsheet
1 to 2-hour review
Identify the ideal team for the project at hand, then adjust as needed.
- The Project Author prepares a Staffing Brief on project roles, including guidance on the following:
- Policy Statement (as established in Act 3: Guidance)
- target deliverables (initial thinking, subject to change pending additional Gameplan Activities)
- required skillset(s) / experience
- which roles will be met via core team vs. via external collaborators
- constraints (budget/compensation, timeline, etc.)
- additional considerations (e.g. location of team members, client-facing roles vs. non-client-facing roles, past project references, etc.)
- This brief is presented to project stakeholders in a short meeting or call.
- Over the course of a few days (or quicker if necessary), stakeholders nominate individuals for specific roles within a shared document.
- Nominees are reviewed in a 1 to 2-hour group discussion, moderated by the Author.
- Project Author makes final staffing decisions and contacts potential collaborators when relevant.
- Staffing Brief
- Nominees (shared doc)
- Contact w/ external collaborators when relevant