2-hour group discussion / ideation
Consider how forces of time may influence assumptions & insights for the work at hand.
How might we have approached this problem one year ago? Five years ago? Ten years ago? One hundred years ago?
How might we approach this problem now?
How might we approach this problem one year from now? Five years from now? Ten years from now? One hundred years from now?
Spend about 30 minutes on each time orientation (then/now/next = past/present/future).
Consider how the passage of time may impact any or all of the following:
- Assumptions / biases of participants
- Relationship between the brand/product/service and its intended audience/recipients
- Cultural factors / perceptions
- Technological constraints
- Strategic advantages / disadvantages
- Competitive / market factors
Use a blackboard/whiteboard to collect ideas & track group thinking.
Project Author will write a summary of the discussion with corresponding insights, and share with all participants.