questions on index cards
long walk (≥ 2 hours)
limit personal device usage
Get some fresh air with a purpose (and with a friend).
- Propose a walk & talk to one other participant.
- Select a date, time, & place for the walk.
- Based on learnings from Immersion, conceive of 3 distinct questions relevant to the work at hand that you would like to explore in depth with this person. Write them on an index card.
- Meet at the agreed upon location at the established date/time.
- Swap index cards. Read them.
- Walk & talk for at least 2 hours.
- After some time has passed (but not too much), write a brief description of distinct insights gleaned from the walk & talk.
- Combine insights into a single document and share with / present to other team members.