We are seeking a Controller to join our team in a part-time capacity (2-3 days per week). You’ll be responsible for the accounting operations of the company, producing monthly and annual financial reports, maintaining a system of accounting records, cash management, creating budgets, and overall risk management. This is a work remote position with the expectation of availability between 10am-6pm (EST).
- Maintain and enforce a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Create and manage budgets and ensuring that expenses are in line with projected revenue (equipment purchasing, sales & marketing, etc)
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Perform ongoing forecasting based on company past performance, trends, sales pipeline, etc
- Ongoing and creative ideation on opportunities to lower costs, lower taxes, and increase revenue
- Deliver operational excellence – with the ability to anticipate potential issues, risks, and manage change by effectively suggesting solutions or contingency plans at the first signs of these situations.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Ensure that required tax payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Issue timely and complete financial statements (monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of the company
- Calculate and produce financial and operating metrics
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for pricing decisions and contract negotiations
- Prepare documentation for our CPA and Tax Attorney for local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Who We’re Looking For
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience at a client services company, bonus if in the consulting and technology industries
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- Highly proficient in Google Spreadsheets, Quickbooks Online, and other financial software
- Strong numerical proficiency, organization, good problem-solving skills, and excellent use of logic
- You know how to take ownership and responsibility for what you produce and meeting internal deadlines
- Have great communication skills
- Forward-thinking, with an ability to innovate
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about doing great work
Crush & Lovely
Crush & Lovely consults business leaders on how technology can reduce their overhead, increase their revenue, and improve their relationship with their customers. We use our 16 years of experience designing and building technology solutions to create the products that move the needle for companies.
To apply for this position, please send an email along with your resume to [email protected].