Skip To Main Content

Motion Designer

We are seeking a Motion Designer to join our team on a freelance basis for a term starting immediately and continuing through the end of December 2021. This is a remote position but requires at least 40 hours per month, and availability between 10 am – 6pm (EST).

Your Role

We aim to greatly exceed the status quo of social media content and bring an emotionally-driven quality to everything we create. You will be responsible for designing resonant and impactful social media content for a well-known girls sex abuse charity client. Specifically, your work will be centered around creating visually compelling motion graphics, animation, and video editing. You will work collaboratively with our in-house Project Lead, Art Director, and best-in-class Strategic team.

About 80% of the work will be focused on the Motion and Graphic Design for four social media platforms, with the remaining 20% centered around user experience and messaging considerations. You must be familiar with intersectionality and womxn’s storytelling, with a passion for change. You must also be able to actively engage in both internal and client meetings by asking questions, bubbling up concerns, and effectively communicating design concepts and solutions to stakeholders. The ideal candidate has a desire to disrupt content trends, and be familiar with the end-to-end production of a Social Media editorial calendar.

Responsibilities

  • Work closely with the Art Director and Project Author to ensure that the work aligns with the client’s identity and brand guidelines
  • Lead concepting of new, out-of-the-box ideas to create more engaging, educational social content
  • Thinking strategically about the role of animation and its impact on user experience
  • Create and design various Motion & Graphic Design assets for four identified social media platforms
  • Work in conjunction with the Digital Strategist & Art Director to oversee the Editorial Calendar
  • Produce up to 20 pieces of content per month (across all disciplines)

Who we’re looking for

  • Expertise in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere as well as Figma
  • Has knowledge of the charitable industry, or womxn-focused social issues
  • Experience creating social media content (preferably for a client)
  • Compelling portfolio of work, ideally impact-driven
  • Assertive and ready to hit the ground running
  • Excellent time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines
  • You know how to take ownership and responsibility for what you produce, meeting internal and client deadlines

Bonus points

  • Familiarity with Intersectional storytelling
  • Previous womxn’s storytelling experience

Crush & Lovely

We are a charismatic team of experts in our respective fields dedicated to designing experiences that nurture both the heart and mind. We see technology as more than a tool to enhance business practices, but as a massive opportunity to improve people’s lives bit by bit, moment by moment, in ways that no screen can genuinely contain.

We’ve been in business for seventeen years designing and building progress-focused solutions that make a difference for companies. Our integrated approach consists of strategy, cultural research, social, branding, content, design, and technology. We are a digital partner for the world’s best and brightest.

To apply for this position, please send an email along with your resume to [email protected].